Our mission of being an indispensable partner for all of our customer’s process equipment within a defined scope of supply began when we opened our doors in 1953. The company’s founder, Ralph Eads, a decorated World War II veteran and entrepreneurial engineer, based the business on the premise that “…to earn our money, and build great relationships, we must always strive to add value for both our customers and suppliers!” Today, we still fiercely adhere to the guiding principles of our founder and use them to guide our customer & supplier relationships — some of which are as old as the company is itself and twice as strong.
Eads Distribution was the first of nine companies created by the vision of Ralph Eads. In 1985 Eads Distribution opened its first branch office outside of Houston. By 2012, Eads was serving customers and suppliers from eight locations (Houston, Freeport, Corpus Christi, Texas City, Beaumont, Dallas, Longview, and Odessa) in Texas. Along the way, five independent businesses elected to merge their organizations with ours, expanding the number of suppliers and employees available to earn a position of trust with Eads’ customers.
June of 2012 found the employee-owners of Eads Distribution welcoming a financial sponsor, The CapStreet Group, as an additional owner in order to help the business grow beyond Texas. After much work was done to enable Eads Distribution to support additional customers and suppliers, Jatasco (Tulsa) elected to join the team in 2014. They were followed later by Control Equipment (Marietta, Jacksonville, Orlando, Birmingham, Mobile, Memphis, Murfreesboro, Kingsport, Charlotte), TSI (Marietta), EPSCO (Deer Park, Freeport, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge) and JB Systems (LaGrange).